Agricultural buildings and rural workers dwellings

Rural businesses and farms, sometimes need new buildings to help them grow and to remain viable. This may include a new home to enable someone to supervise livestock or other farm activity.

New barns may need planning permission and we can advise you on this, and help with planning consents or prior approvals.

Recently Stuart has gained planning permission for a new agricultural barn near Cricklade in Wiltshire, for storing winter feed and equipment for an equestrian business.

Permitted development rights allow the conversion of agricultural buildings to homes in some circumstances. We understand how this works, so contact us for advice.

Changes to national planning policy have made it a little easier to get planning permission for rural worker’s dwellings. We understand the intricacies of the “essential need” test set out in the National Planning Policy Framework, and are advising clients now to help them gain planning permission for rural worker’s dwellings. We can help you too.

Get in Touch

Thank you for your message. It has been sent.
There was an error trying to send your message. Please try again later.